Sunday, May 10, 2015

So for my genius hour project has gone fairly well, as I predicted the biggest obstacle has been the inability to practice because I do not have a piano to actually practice with. Despite this I have been able to practice enough with the pianos at school to learn the intro to Adel's "someone like you" and that is what i will be playing for my presentation on Wednesday. Me and Eli have been working on this song together for about a week now and hope to be able to do a duet for our presentation.



1. What was your favorite part of the topic you chose?
 My favorite part is just the fact that I was able to expand my knowledge on music.

2. What was your least favorite part of the topic you chose?
 My least favorite part is the fact that I had to go though the struggle of learning a new instrument again.

3. What do you like best about Genius Hour research?
 I liked the fact that most of my research consisted of practicing.  

4. What do you like least about Genius Hour research?
 There was nothing I didn't like about my research. It was just kinda hard to research a instrument, there is not a lot you can really do other then learn the instrument.

5. What was the most important thing you learned about yourself, how you learn, or research in general as a result of this work?
 Well after some time practicing piano one day i realized that i was having more trouble learning things on my right hand. So I did some research and saw that it said a lot of guitar players learning piano have this problem. It is because of the fact that guitar focus more on left hand dexterity so when you learn piano it is harder to gain the dexterity on the right hand. This is something I thought was interesting that I learned.           

2 comments:

  1. I never thought about that, Kristian, but I'm sure it's true! (About the right hand vs. the left hand.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After your research would you buy a piano?

    ReplyDelete